The Questionnaire Programming Language (QPL) 6 Reference Manual contains the complete documentation for this system. It is divided into several major sections:
- Introduction: An overview of the QPL system, including desktop and server requirements.
- Authoring: How to write QPL programs and build and test web-based questionnaires.
- Deployment: How to install the web files that the QPL system creates on a web server, set up user accounts, and preload data about respondents.
- Administration: How to monitor an ongoing survey, handle respondent questions and problems, export the results for analysis, and close the site.
- Analysis: How to prepare the results for analysis with SAS, SPSS, askSam or other packages.
- Email: How to use the GAO send_mail Perl script to generate custom email messages to respondents.
- Customization: How to extend the standard QPL system to change the look of a questionnaire, add custom reports or modify built-in reports, and other things.
- Troubleshooting: Common respondent problems using a QPL-based web site.
- Server Set Up: How to set up a web server to run a QPL questionnaire.