The requirements listed here are for the work station of the person who creates the
questionnaire files that will be copied to a web server.
- Windows 95, 98, Me, NT 4, 2000, or XP.
- 1 Meg of hard disk space to install application files.
- HTML or ASCII editor. (QPL can be installed as an Add-In for the
Macromedia HomeSite 4.x or 5.x HTML editor,
or the the HomeSite+ version which is included with the DreamWeaver MX 2004 product -- this
is highly recommended as it greatly simplifies the development process).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.x or later, or Netscape Navigator 4.x or later with
The requirements listed below are for the web server that will host the
- Linux (preferred) or Windows NT 4 or 2000
- Apache or Microsoft IIS
- MySQL 4.x or 5.x
- PHP 4.x or 5x
- sendmail and Perl with the DBI extension is required to use QPL's respondent email functions
Specific configuration requirements are described
in detail in the "Server Set Up"
section of QPL help files that are installed with the software.
The software requirements below are for your respondents.
The QPL system does not put any cookies on a respondent's computer.